Thursday, June 19, 2014

Lady Liberty

There are days when the creative "mojo" seems to flow from my mind/heart effortlessly.  Then there are other days where I get stuck, can't decide where to go next.  The latter happened on a sculpture I just recently finished.  I refer to it/her as Lady Liberty, because I haven't nailed down a title worthy of the piece.  I started this sculpture way back in September of 2013...Got the head done, and then wrapped her up.  To be finished about a week ago.  I wasn't sure what I wanted her to say.  I had a general idea, but not specifics.  So she sat....and sat....and sat.  Until inspiration re-struck.  She says what my words cannot.  What MANY of my brothers and sisters in arms are unable to say.  Her tears are those for all Soldiers and their loved ones.  She is slowly drowning in the tears she sheds for her country.  I don't want to say too much, as I plan on unveiling the finished sculpture at the Freedom Fest Concert in Fort Kent, Maine, on August 9, 2014.  But I did want to give you all a sneak peak.   So keep scrolling, and follow my "in progress" pictures of how she has evolved.  Would love to hear your thoughts!


                                       
 




 






ALRIGHT....That's all ya get!  

Till next time...  TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment