Saturday, January 5, 2013

Productive Day!!

 Today I came to the realization that my sleep schedule is finally getting back on track!  I'm going to sleep earlier...but I'm not sleeping the day away which makes me a happy camper!  I woke up at 8 this morning, enjoyed a couple cups of coffee in my mug that Mark  Campbell made for me.  I LOVE being able to look at my baby boy's smiling face every morning, and every time I drink something hot.  This is my GO TO mug, for sure!!

Once I woke up, I got to "work" and started rearranging my Etsy shop.  It needed some early spring cleaning!  Now the sections make much more sense and items can be more easily found.  Added some new items that I am quite proud of.  (You should check it out..www.etsy.com/shop/jsbarts)


And to end the day on a bright note..I threw 3 of the most beautiful bowls!!!  I can honestly say that they are the BEST I have ever made!!  I had intended on making a couple of soup bowls for a non-profit event, Empty Bowls.  But I soon realized that with 2 pounds of clay...the bowls turned out to be a little larger than a soup bowl.  More like a really large salad bowl, or a small serving bowl.  Regardless, I'm pretty proud of them!!  I'm slightly disappointed that I can only sit at my wheel for 20-30 minutes at a time before I need to take a break for at least an hour (due to my disabilities).  But, as I hone my skills, I am able to produce more pieces that are better quality in that time frame. 
Trimming a bowl

 I've had to redefine my definition of "productive".  I want to continue to make with my hands, and pump out as many of the ideas I have running around in my mind.  But I know that my body will retaliate and I will not be able to create on the wheel for days.  A slow and steady pace is one that I need to learn to embrace more than what I do.

At any rate!!  Today has been a good, productive, and a-ok day.  Even health wise..it's been ok.  Not great..but not bad either.  :)


5 comments:

  1. congratulations on the productive day! no matter what the circumstances, it's a lovely feeling to have finished important tasks. yay!

    a new follower from Blogging Buddies!
    Laila
    sparklinggossamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congrats on being so productive and doing spring cleaning already... My shop is a mess and needs new pricing tat would at least make sense...This time of the year is simply too dark to work... :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower from the meet and greet. I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out: http://ramblinggallivantinggirl.blogspot.com/2013/01/giveaway-time-win-free-print.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being productive always feels so good! Seems like it paid off, your shop looks great. I love the plate with the cat silhouette and the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the comments! Though the ebb and flow has caught up with me. After such an amazingly productive day, I do believe I jinxed myself as I haven't been this productive since that day.

    ReplyDelete