Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shoutout to Lakeside Quilts of Maine

In a society dominated by big name box stores, it is quite refreshing to network, interact, and shop from small businesses.  Especially when they are local!  For the next 10 days, I will be talking about 10 small businesses that I have the pleasure of having made their acquaintance.  Networking is everything, as is reaching out a helping hand to your peers and neighbors.

Lakeside Quilts of Maine

I LOVE this bag of hers that can be found in her Facebook album.  It is a BEAUTIFUL black and green floral motif bag with lots of pockets!  Quite handy for us working mothers!!


This flour sack cover is a PERFECT Valentine's gift as well!  I LOVE it!  Click HERE


Lakeside Quilts of Maine is run by Brenda from her home in Naples, Maine.  You can find their items on Facebook , MaineMade and Etsy.

This is from Brenda's Etsy profile: 
"♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I make many one of a kind gifts that are perfect for birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers, hostess gifts or weddings, any occasion. If you like it, better buy it, I only make one at a time!
I also offer custom Embroidery, contact me with your ideas and we will work to make it happen.
My prices are very affordable but please know I don't skimp on quality.
I love to create and sew, I never know what I am going to make next so visit often! Write me if you don't see what your looking for, I just might have it.
I love anything fiber, buttons, and Threads!!
I also enjoy making my own pizzas, breads and jams. I have re-kindled my love of home canning. My way to control the quality of what my family eats, plus every jar I fill keeps a can out of the landfill.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I don't mass produce, I am one person doing what I enjoy. Everything is made in my SMOKE FREE home. I put a lot of creative heart into each item I create.

Member of the Etsy Maineteam and registered with Made in Maine products "Maine Made" is recognized worldwide as a term for quality and integrity.
Thank you for supporting handmade"

Find the Etsy Maine Team Blog by clicking HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous made in Maine quilts and a touching veteran story. <3 to you Brenda & Shawna for featuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilts amaze me...Especially since I can't sew. Both of my sons were hospitalized at one point when they were still in diapers, and both of them received a lovely quilt upon their overnight stay. We still have both of them.
    The bag shown above is so nice! I love pockets, and the print is really fun.
    Can't wait to see the rest of your 10!!!
    ~Kim
    visiting from Blogging Buddies
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete