- Got married August 10 to the man that completes me in every way imaginable. It was a windy day, rained right up until the ceremony and then it stopped. It wasn't a heavy rain.. a sprinkle really.. but it was a great day, filled with laughter, family, and fun. :) OH! And I made all the wedding favors. :)
- Have had several doctors appointments the last month ranging from neurology to urology. Fun stuff, huh? bleck. As a matter of fact, I have 2 more appointments coming up on Monday! But I think those are the last two for a while...unless something drastic happens.
- Got my son all enrolled in school (my big 6th grader!), attended an orientation, and he started school August 21. They start fairly early here, because it is still a very rural community with farms all over the place. They have a 2 week vacation in September/October so that the kids can help with the potato harvest.
- Re-opened my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/jsbarts) after it had been on vacation for nearly 2 months while we were doing all the wedding preparations. And in the last week, I've gotten 3 orders! All for the same pumpkin spoon rest! I guess I need to make lots more of those!
- Began selling my stuff at a gift shop in Caribou, Maine; that is known for carrying quality, handmade items, but MOST known for carrying Amish made furniture. Hoping to do well there.
- Started making Christmas ornaments to get all stocked up for the big art/craft show that is done up here in Fort Kent at the University. I've been told it's a big to do and that I SHOULD do relatively well. Keep your fingers crossed!
I think those are all the major items...I've also decided to nix the themed days. They're not really helping me stay on track at all...I am going to keep Mudita Mondays, as I believe those are important. It's always nice to recognize someone for their efforts and be genuinely happy for their successes, whether it is of any benefit for you or not. There needs to be MORE positivity in the world.. and more recognition of the good things people do. So yea... that's staying. :)
Lots of ideas for upcoming posts.... so stay tuned my friends!
OH! and I almost forgot.. I am running a Labor Day sale at my Etsy store.. until 2 September. Just enter "LABORDAY" in the coupon code to receive $5 off any purchase of $15 or more in my shop. Please spread the word!