Saturday, January 4, 2014

Shoutout to Cheri of Art By Cheri



Cheri is a fellow Etsy Maine Team member and a very talented artist!  I can attest to her skill as a painter.. her watercolors are gorgeous!  She is also a piano teacher.  So if you're looking to learn how to stroke the ivories... definitely get in touch with her! 

Piano by Cheri
Name:  Cheri Christenson

Business Name(s)
Piano by Cheri 
Art by Cheri

Date Business Was Opened:  October 2013 on Etsy.

Types of Items Offered:  Piano lessons (in person) and on Etsy: watercolor cards, watercolor artwork, watercolor beads, soon to come, hand painted scarves

Why did you decide to open/start your own business?:  I got into watercolor a few years ago and fell in love with it. last year I sold a few of my paintings as cards, so this year I thought I would broaden my horizons.


What is your inspiration?a lot of things, the great outdoors is my main inspiration, but I also get a lot of inspiration from other artists and from current trends

Rainbow Horse
What is your favorite item in your own shop?  it would probably have to be the rainbow horse at the moment, but they have all been my favorite at one point. usually the last item i paint is my favorite until i paint the next item, then that one is my fav



What is one piece of advice you would give to someone looking into starting their own business?  be patient, it doesn't happen overnight, it took me three years of teaching piano before I had enough students to go self employed and quit my job.

Where can people find your goodies?Etsy and at my home in Kittery, Maine.

Social Media/Website links:
            Facebookwww.facebook.com/pianobycheri      
            Websitewww.pianobycheri.com
            Etsywww.etsy.com/shop/artbycheri
            Pinteresthttp://www.pinterest.com/pinktiger79/



Fun Questions!

Favorite Color:  Purple
             
Favorite Food:  Whoopie Pies, but I can’t eat them because I’m allergic to wheat

Favorite Vacation Spot:  Anywhere, I would be happy just to take a vaca

Favorite Book:  Any of Dan Brown’s

Favorite Movie:  "Dirty Dancing"

Thanks Cheri!!  Best of luck in your growing watercolor artistic endeavors!




No comments:

Post a Comment