Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - New Year's Goals and Resolutions

Home Sweet Home..for now.  Wallagrass, ME  Dec 2013
Today is the beginning of a new year.  A time to reflect on the previous 365 days, and ponder on what the next 365 days have to come.  This year will be a GREAT year, because that's my mind set.  My health WILL get better.  My business WILL become more regular with sales and such.  My family and I WILL find a home closer to family and be moved by the summer.  Life WILL be good.  Positive affirmations and having a positive mental attitude is what it's all about this year.  


I've been busting my @$$ trying to get all my numbers and sales entered into the appropriate sections in Quick Books so I can have actual numbers to base my projections for 2014 on.  I want to see what I did in 2013 so I can be realistic about the potential for JSB Arts for 2014.  Needless to say.. I'm pulling my hair out and can't get it all figured out.  LOL  So my projections at this juncture are based on my Etsy numbers as those are readily/easily available.  I'm asking everyone here to help keep my on target!  :)


Hard at work, photographing new work.
2013 NUMBERS
Etsy Number of Sales - 74
Total Number of Sales from Inception - 137
Total Sales Revenue - $2,385.23
Pinterest Followers - 533
Facebook Followers - 1,221
Blog Followers -  60

2014 NUMBERS GOALS
Etsy Number of Sales - 100
Total Number of Sales from Inception -   237
Total Sales Revenue - $3,500
Pinterest Followers - 650
Facebook Followers - 1,500
Blog Followers - 100 

2014 GENERAL BUSINESS GOALS:
- Continue to write more frequently/consistently on here.  Continue with the shout outs (go HERE to fill out the questionnaire to be featured) to help fellow artisans/crafters gain exposure while increasing my own exposure.  
- Produce one tutorial/month for a total of 12.
- Develop a handful of "lines" of work that I can produce en mass and have readily available for purchase, rather than making people wait while I create their item as they order it.  STOCKED INVENTORY!!  I'm thinking hummingbird, eagle, and dragonfly..  :)  Stay tuned for the new goodies!
- NETWORK!!  
- Secure one additional wholesale account
- Get more organized!  Maintain the paperwork so I'm not rushing around at the end of the year trying to get everything together for taxes. 

I think that's a good start.  Nothing too extravagant or out of this world.  Completely do-able.  I got this shit!  hehe

I do want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who continue to support me, my family, and my business adventure.  The support and words of encouragement truly mean the world to me!  On the bad days, it's what keeps me going.

What are YOUR goals for the new year?  (Yes...I go with goals and not resolutions.)  Please share them in the comments below! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment