Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination!!

I'm honored!  Natalie from Magic Jewellery nominated me for the Liebster Reward.  What a nice surprise for sure!!  hehe 


What's the Liebster Award:
The word Liebster- a German word- translates to dear, favorite, love .
It's an award for (mostly) up and coming bloggers with 200 -or less-  followers that is given by fellow bloggers.


The rules
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.  check
  • Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you. 
    check
  • Nominate other bloggers for the award who have 200 followers or less.
  • Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer. 
    check
  • Notify the nominees of their nomination (of course!)
 11 Random Facts about Yours Truly
Me and Kane, my service dog
  1. I am the eldest of six daughters.
  2. I LOVE cooking but can no longer cook the big meals I used to.  So on my good health days I do my best to make a GREAT meal for my hubby and son.
  3. I am currently working on several collaborations with other Etsy Maine Team members and really LOVE the ideas we are coming up with..(stay tuned for more on that! hehe  :)
  4. I seem to do my best work at night while everyone else is sound asleep...
  5. My favorite color is blue and all shades/hues of it.  I also really like purple/amythest.
  6. I have a German Shepherd for a service dog.  His name is Kane.  He has picked up on my body chemistry changes and can actually alert me before I have a seizure.  He has roughly a 90-95% success rate in alerting.  After my seizure he licks my face and helps me come out of the post-ictal state quicker.  He has many other "jobs" but those are the most prominent. 
  7. My short term memory is atrocious so I rely heavily on notes, reminders and my friends remember what it was we are supposed to be doing!  haha
  8. I met my husband via Match.com.  :)  We are one of those success stories! <3
  9.  I'm a hopeless romantic.
  10. I'm stubborn and often push myself further/harder than I should...and then end up paying for it in the end...with my back and legs hurting like crazy.  *shrug*  
  11. I fully support and am involved in several veteran related issues such as homeless vets in Maine.  Please check out Voices United For Veterans.  <3
11 Questions from Natalie:
 
1.)  When was the last time you've learned something new?
             I learn something new every day.  Often times I will relearn something I just learned but have no idea because my short term memory sucks.  hehe 
 
2.)  If you were going to write a book, what would it be about?  
            The struggles witnessed and experiences while in the military.  How art has helped me cope with PTSD and everything else
             
3.)  What accomplishment are you most proud of?
            My service to our country as a combat medic with 3ID 3BDE 203 BSTB C co 

4.)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
            A doctor/research scientist that would discover the cure for cancer and ALS

5.)  What do you do for fun?
            My pottery IS my fun.  Reading, drawing, snuggling with my son.

6.)  Is there a place where you would like to go even though you know you never will? 
           I would LOVE to go back to but I doubt that I will be able to travel that far anytime soon.  Traveling long distances is a bit difficult now...but I can dream.  I would LOVE to see the Louvre in Paris.


7.)  If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
            I have no idea right now...

8.)  Who in your life has influenced you the most?
            My parents.  They taught me the coping skills and how to maintain a positive mental attitude when the world seems to be crashing down on you.  The ability to overcome and adapt has proven to be VERY valuable to me in recent years.  Their constant encouragement and support led me to believe in myself and not allow my disabilities limit or dictate who I am and what I can do. 

9.)  What do you like best about yourself?
            My optimism.  It's what keeps me going.  Always looking for and finding the silver lining in every situation.

10.)  If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
            Professional ceramics instructor....I know...original huh?  haha

11.)  If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? 
            The most successful way to homestead!  :-D

11 Questions For The Nominees by Shawna: 
1.)  What is your favorite holiday?
2.)  What do you look for in a blog when you opt to follow them?
3.)  Why do YOU blog?  What is your inspiration?
4.)  What is your favorite book?
5.)  If you could travel through time, and go back to when you were a child/teenager...what would your future self tell yourself?  What advice would you give?
6.)  What do you like best about yourself?
7.)  Coffee or tea?
8.)  Describe your blog in 5 words.
9.)  Who is your hero and why?
10.)  Favorite color?
11.)  What are your goals for 2014?


Now for MY nominations...

No comments:

Post a Comment