Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Working Together

I know I talk rather frequently about the Etsy Maine Team, but it is full of some really amazing folks.  The artists and crafts people that are members of the Etsy Maine Team really exhibit what we believe a person from Maine should be like.  Kind, caring, hard working, and willing to help out your neighbor.  This mentality has led to several collaborations between myself and two other very talented women:  Sue from Country Folk Soap, and Alicia from Sally Bateau.



Alicia (of Sally Bateau) and I started collaborating when she asked if I could make a bowl large enough to accommodate one of her round bars of shaving soap.  Together, we created this cute little shaving kit.  These were prototype bowls, but now that I/we know they work well for their intended use, it has led to a new product in my line!  You can find this old fashioned shaving kit and more in her Etsy storefront.



Sue, from Country Folk Soap, ALSO makes soaps.  But she goes a step further and dabbles with lotions, essential oils, spa gift sets, edible massage oils, and essential oils.  During one of our many chit-chats, she suggested I make personal oil diffusers.  An interesting concept to say the least.  Gives you the ability to wear something pretty while smelling pretty...without having to douse yourself with chemicals.  I'm currently seeking out product testers for my personal oil diffusers, as well as those for rooms/cars.  I have six essential oils (provided by Sue) that we thought would work best with ceramic oil diffusers.  Those are eucalyptus, lemon grass, lavender, cinnamon, fir needles, and peppermint. If you're interested in being a product tester, leave a comment below, or send me an email at jsbmaine.arts@gmail.com

By building these relationships with fellow Etsy Maine Team members, that don't know much about ceramics, their questions help me see other possibilities that I may not have thought of on my own.  Lots of inspiration...if you know where to look and are willing to let it in. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment